GRAPEFRUIT cleanse + hydrate balm
"breakfast for your skin."
Waking up to a great stretch, your body comes alive with a burst of energy. With dreams still lingering in your mind, you make your way barefoot to the kitchen, where a steaming cup of coffee has already been made for you, accompanied by a square of dark chocolate. A little love note is tucked under the mug, and you feel your stomach tingle. Smiling at these simple yet priceless morning treasures, you choose a fat ruby red grapefruit, you tear it open with your fingers, letting the juice run up your arms. All the time in the world; there's nowhere to rush off to today. Zesty citrus tickles your skin and the fresh, invigorating scent and can almost make you feel you're a brand new person. You gaze out the window and see cars stopped at a traffic light, as families cross the street, on their way to a day in the park. Dust-speckled sunlight streams into the kitchen. Your cat has made herself a little nest, comfortably grooming, in a perfect diamond shaped sun-patch on the rug. "This is it," you think to yourself "the perfect morning."
Stark's Cleansing Balm: For the clearest, most radiant skin of your life, in one simple product! This highly nutritious, water-less balm has the unique concept of being both cleanser and hydrator, making life simple and beautiful. Similar to the “oil cleansing method” popular in Europe or the cold-creams our mothers and grandmothers used, this delicious balm melts away daily grime and dirt, replenishing your skin with healthy, antioxidant-rich plant-derived oils and butters! Next, the balm can be used as a moisturizer, alone or with Stark’s CYPRESS Purity + Defense oil (an especially luxurious treat for a night-time ritual).
How to Use
There are many ways to use "GF"!
1. Use a pea sized amount, and warm between fingers. Massage into dry skin (for dry skin types) or wet skin (for oily skin types) and let the nutritious oils and butters be soaked up before gently wiping away with a warm, wet cloth. You may splash with water if you like. You will notice a milky emulsion occurs and can be rinsed away clean.
2. Again, using a pea-sized amount in the palm of your hand, slowly add a few drops of warm water and emulsify, creating a cleansing OR hydrating lotion!
3. Next, it can be used as a moisturizer for face, body, lips and hair!
This product is preservative-free, so please wash and dry hands before scooping product out and please do not get any water in the jar of balm. Water and oil are not friends! :) Use a clean teaspoon to scrape a small amount of product out, to prolong the life of your balm even longer. With proper handing, this product can stay fresh for up to 18 months. Use on dry elbows, parched lips or fly-away hair or as a great after-shave balm!
Features2 oz./ 60 ml All our products contain zero synthetic ingredients! Contains NO water...a little goes a LONG way! Vegan, Gluten-free, certified cruelty-free. Packaged in a beautiful glass jar, with our iconic design! Please re-use.
Cocos nucifera (organic virgin coconut) oil, Glycine soja (non-GMO soybean) butter, Butyrospermum parkii (raw organic Shea) butter, Theobroma cacao (organic cocoa) butter, Mangifera indica (raw mango) seed butter, Euphorbia cerifera (candelilla) wax, Cemellia sinensis (organic green tea) seed oil, Prunus dulcis (organic sweet almond) oil, Cetearyl Alcohol (and) Sodium Cetearyl Sulfate (coconut-derived and ECOCERT approved for organic products)*, Citrus Aurantium Dulcis (Orange) Peel Wax, Tocopherol (non-GMO vit. E), Soy lecithin (organic), Rosmarinus officinalis L (natural preservative), pure essential oils.
* These are essentially fruit salts...sketchy name, but 100% safe and natural.
- Grapefruit extract is cleansing and has astringent properties. Wonderful for occasionally problematic skin, also gentle enough for dry, sensitive skin. Has a wonderful, fresh aroma that is uplifting and invigorating. This balm smells absolutely mouth-watering. Un-processed Shea butter and raw organic cocoa butter heal, soften and protect skin with a light, natural SPF. Both have a rich history of use in Africa, which is now backed by scientific studies, they are highly healing butters that can undo some of the damage done by the sun. Virgin organic coconut oil, long used in the Ayurveda tradition, has anti-inflammatory, anti-bacterial and anti-fungal properties due to its high content of fatty acids. Non-GMO soybean butter is chock full of isoflavones and stimulates collagen production. It is also rich in antioxidants and is an anti-inflammatory. Organic camellia seed oil (same plant as green tea) and organic sweet almond oil are light, soothing and healing oils, and are known to slow the aging process. We use candelilia wax for it's soothing properties, instead of beeswax.