• mindfully formulated skincare for the urban dweller. • vegan • all-natural • handcrafted in micro-batches
June 06, 2012
You probably know that I love all my Stark products (duh, why would I offer you anything I didn’t love? That would be super lame!). What’s shaping up to be our most popular item is that Grapefruit Cleanse + Hydrate balm, which is a yummy mix of coconut oil, shea butter, cocoa butter, some camellia seed oil and almond oil and a good dose of unicorn sparkles (ie. essential oils…no actual unicorns were harmed in the making of this balm.) I can see why you guys are loving it, because it’s effing awesome, if I do say so myself. (And I do, clearly!)
However, contrary to popular belief, I do not have a giant vat of it at my home, where I dip into it naked then proceed to slide around on my hardwood floors. That’s just my fantasy your fantasy crazy! But I do use it daily, often twice daily, and I do love to use it in different ways.
Continuing on in our multipurpose journey, I give you exhibit B: Grapefruit Cleanse + Hydrate Balm. I I feel like this is a bit of a given. I mean, c’mon! It’s right there in the freaking title! Alas, even this split personality product offers even more than what meets the eye.
If you don’t know how to use a cleansing balm, then girl, get your self over to my extremely low-budget video here, where I make some really lovely grooming faces while cleansing my face. This is the stuff viral videos are made of. Ha! (Side note: gee my bangs are short here!)
Other uses for your dear GF:
1. Smooth your crazy-ass hair down. You know how the entirety of Eastern North America becomes this stinking, sweaty, cesspool of humidity in the summer months, and for weeks on end we all walk around with a fuzzy halo of hair…and not in a good way? Yeah. Well, the smallest dab of this balm (or even just the remnants in your palms after you’ve used it), run through your strands and smoothed lightly over the top layer can go a long way of calming down that hyperactive storm-cloud you’ve got buzzing around your head. Also, smells lovely! Because we all know you “forgot” to wash your hair again. (It’s ok, me too.)
2. Hydrate other things. Crazy industry insider tip here: your skin is basically your skin, all over your body. Yes, some of it is more delicate (under eye area and tops of the hands, I’m talking to you!) so applying any product that’s good enough for your million-dollar mug is definitely good enough for your billion dollar body.* So go ahead and use the good stuff wherever you really need it, because a glowing, well-hydrated face and elbows that you could use to write on a chalkboard just make you kinda mis-matchy.
3. Moisture Mask! I love indulging in my Grapefruit balm as a moisture mask. I just layer it on and rock out to life, in general kind of way. I let as much as possible get absorbed into my skin, scare Adri by trying to make out with him with a super shiny, oily face (talk about a man-deterrent!), and try to discourage my cat Mi Ae from licking it all off my face. I mean, I know she’s just trying to be a good assistant by exfoliating me but really, ew.
4. Create a whole new product! Feel like a total badass scientist (and they SO are…I should know, I live with one!) and create a new product for yourself. Now I don’t want to say tooooo much, but this is how I got an idea for a new product that I’m working on. (yay!)
Mix equal parts GF balm with our Green Tea Detox Clay mask, and massage that mudpuppy into your skin, and let it sit for about 10-12 minutes. This way you get the therapeutic benefits of a clay mask, sans any drying, PLUS the benefits of the apple, green tea and lime extracts in the TE mask, PLUS the juicy goodies in the balm. Before rinsing this magical mud off, massage your skin again, as you’ll get a nice but gentle scrub. Then? Whoooosh!! Amazing skin overload!
*I think VERY highly of you, as you can see! You should too! Also, you look nice today.
Comments will be approved before showing up.
March 20, 2019
March 13, 2019
March 11, 2019